Golf Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Golf Club Review: Tried the new TaylorMade R9 driver yet?

Monday, March 30, 2009

Tried the new TaylorMade R9 driver yet?


I am a long time TaylorMade driver guy. I currently have the SuperQuad, a couple of years old. Everything else I own is Ping. Irons, utility clubs, fairway woods, all Ping.

I recently tried the new TaylorMade R9 driver. No, that's not it in the picture above. But, you get the idea with all the new driver stuff. I played a whole round with the new R9. Man was I impressed. I was kind of skeptical at first. You know, how much more can they do to the driver. Thin face, all that inertia stuff and shaft technology. I have always been the kind to find something that works and keep it forever.

Well, that thought is beginning to change. I do love my SuperQuad and will be hard pressed to give it up. However, that R9 is awesome. Easy to hit, looks great, sits nice, appealing to the eye, and best of all - LONG. REAL LONG. Approximately 10-20 yards of extra distance.

Now if it all stopped there, everyone would have one right? Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there. One important fact to consider. IT COSTS $500. Is that insane or what. Here is what I think I will do, assuming I would replace my driver. Wait approximately 3-6 months, buy it a reduced price, or buy it on Ebay.

Nonetheless, a great golf club. I highly recommend it price notwithstanding. That's a call you would have to make.

Let me know what you think when you try it. Just post your comment at http://www.chris-ford.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Click Here!